Next time that Ceasar salad is part of your menu, why don't you try to plate it differently than the usual bowled salad? It will definitely be a good conversation piece to start your dinner. I assure you, it will be a hit among your guests. (Never fails in my dinners!) How often do you see a Ceasar Salad Tree, right? These photos were taken few months back when we hosted our good friend Maricel from the US. Very easy, you can prepare it 15 minutes before your guests arrive!
1. Cut baguette 2-3 inches long. Depends how tall you want your trunk to be.
2. Scoop out the inside of the bread to make a hole, end to end. Keep for later use. Maybe for your onion soup the next day?!
3. Bake the bread until golden brown. Make sure you put it on the baking tray standing up. Let the bread cool for at least 3-5 mins.
4. Insert Romaine lettuce in the bread. I usually use baby romaine, but the big ones are just as nice, just cut the leaves into two if it's too long.
5. Put in a platter with the dressing and bacon bits on the side.
6. Enjoy! And observe how each guest cut-up and dissect your tree. It's an amusing sight!
Do you have your own creative way of presenting or plating your dishes? I would love to hear about it.