Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tablescape: Halloween inspired

It's been a while since my last post on tablescape, so I thought it would be nice to share  something that was very recent...

Our very good family friends were in town and as always, it is a pleasure to host a dinner for them.  And what a perfect way to showcase my newly found piece, perfect for Halloween!  My kids call it the Gates of Haunted Mansion.  And it does look like it, right?  :)  This is a piece found by my partner from the US, that would have been part of the new collection of Petit Blanc.  But of course, when I saw it  while we we were doing our inventory, I just can't let it go.  It's just so perfect for the season!  There is actually a small lever that you can lift to open the gates!  How authentic is that!  So,  sorry for the future buyers, it's only one piece, and i got it!  Haha!!!

This is how it turned out on the dining table.  Would have been nicer if candles were lit, but I didn't have time to take photos when guests arrived...

On top of the Haunted Mansion Gate, I had some gourds and cobs to add to the Halloween feel.  Flatware were folded inside black napkins and tied with orange ribbon and twine.  For the kids' table, I just put all the spoon & forks and napkin in my old orange bucket.  

Another setting for the table outside.  The black fabric was a last minute buy from Kamuning market...30 pesos a yard!  How can you go wrong with that?   A good table setting need not be costly, right?  And the ribbons and twines were actually recycled!  And would you believe those dried cobs are 6 years already?  Yup!  I bought them while we were still living in Singapore and they still look good up to this day.  They've seen 6 years of Halloween at Casa Insigne!

And of course, the kids' can't be left behind.  Since they usually eat and go, thought it wise to keep it simple, but still fun for them.  I threw in some treats, labelled it with their names that served also as their name cards.  

It's always nice to catch up with friends who live abroad.  We all had a good time, not to forget a very sumptuous meal too!  I prepared no-fuss smoked turkey legs (which I got from S&R), so I just dressed it up with a siding of roasted sweet potatoes and whole garlic.  Sure hit during the dinner!  I also made longganisa pasta made from three different kinds of longganisa.  Someone brought the group's favorite lengua and every kid's favorite...Chicken Joy (not in the photo).  Oh, I almost forgot I also made the brie with marmalade which became instant hit!  (Too bad, I didn't even get to take a photo of it.)  The dinner was capped by Krispy Kreme Donuts!  Are you salivating already?  ;)

Kids are on sem break, and we're all looking forward to a short holiday out of town.  How about you?  What's your plan?  Be safe and Happy Halloween!  Here's a photo taken last Saturday during the trick or treat at our subdivision.  :)


I would love to hear your thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and try to respond to each and every comment I get. Thank you for taking the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails