Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Holiday Visions

We can't deny it...'tis the season, and it seems everyone's twitching to Christmas shopping and decorating mode.  My kids are always excited to do our traditional Advent wreath making  (more on that later) and tree decorating.  But hubby is even more excited!  As soon as Halloween was over, He demanded for Xmas decors.  Unfortunately, since this is our first Xmas at our new home, I don't have enough decors yet, nor a concrete decor plan.  Lately though, I have visions of a glittery, silvery Xmas.  Since most of my pieces are wood and brown, I thought it would be refreshing to see decors that are light, translucent and delicate.  I'm leaning towards creating subtle and elegant vignettes this year.  What do you think of these??...

Images from here and here.

I haven't really gone out and checked what decors are available out there, so I'm guessing I might change my theme later on.  I had visions of Filipino crafts too!  And of course, I need my nativity set (It can't be Xmas without it, right?).   But for now, I'm loving silver and glass. :-)


I would love to hear your thoughts!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and try to respond to each and every comment I get. Thank you for taking the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails