Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Dinner


Salad Nicoise!  That's our dinner last night.  It's a healthy and complete meal; or if you're extra hungry, this can be paired with a chicken or a beef dish.  In our case, we had the salad as the main dish and had some grilled sweet corn (smothered with butter and parmesan cheese on the side!).
So next time you're pressed for time and need a hassle-free and healthy recipe for your hungry brood, think of Salad Nicoise!  

Ingredients:  romaine lettuce, beans,tomatoes, hard-boiled egg, olives (I wrapped them in anchovies to give that extra salty flavor!), seared tuna and baby potatoes.
Dressing:  white wine vinegar, olive oil, pepper, salt and my (secret!) ingredient...a dash of nutmeg!  Another option would be to add dijon mustard, if you like it creamier.

Toss the romaine in the dressing, then arrange all other ingredients on top of the lettuce.  Sprinkle more dressing upon serving.

I'm sorry I can't give you exact measurements, I cook according to taste.  :-)  Enjoy and I would be pleased if you can also share some of your favorite salad recipes!

I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and try to respond to each and every comment I get. Thank you for taking the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails